Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) compliance is one of the most important things to consider while seeking a business in the European Union. Whatever product you deal in, if it has to do with any chemicals, you must comply with the REACH regulations.
Article 33(1) states that producers and dealers of products consisting of SVHC are bound to make their customers aware of these chemicals, exceeding 0.1% by weight in their products, and provide instructions for their safe usage.
The right to include the substance in the SVHC candidate list vests in the hands of the European Chemical Agency (ECHA). Once you find the chemical you are dealing with on that list, it is mandatory to seek SVHC compliance to run your business smoothly. First, you need to check whether your products exceed the 0.1% weight of any SVHCs in their contents. If they do, you need to mark their presence on your products for your customers and some safety instructions on their usages.
REACH, a European Union (EU) regulation
REACH is the proper regulation of the European Union. It is developed to improve the overall protection rate of human health and environment-related aspects by addressing the minimization of the risks developed due to chemical substances. The strict regulations of European reach compliance allow better identification of the intrinsic properties of chemical substances.
How do REACH Compliance services help?
You would need some help to abide by the law and get things done with time to prevent any obstructions in your business. There are different obligations for EU and non-EU manufacturers that need to be addressed. rohs compliance training help you with that.
Before you start exporting or manufacturing, you need to register substances with the ECHA, or you can buy your products from REACH compliant suppliers. These compliance services help you register your products and identify Reach compliant suppliers on one platform. They offer you consulting, testing, and assessment services for SVHC compliance. Below are some ways in which Reach compliance services aid you.
- With their large substance database, they track SVHCs and other lists, so whatever chemicals you deal with, you would, for sure, find them in their database to get further assistance.
- You won't need to worry about managing your inventory of products and their constituents. These services very well take care of them and let you focus only on how to make your company flourish.
- Several products and chemical substances go against the Reach regulations and might affect your business. These services report you regularly and make you aware of such threats.
- With their regularly updated databases, they alert you for your substances and regulations of interest.
- As told above, they hold assessment services to check the constituents of your products. The assessment lets you find out SVHCs and other harmful substances present in your products.
However, these regulations are only for EU manufacturers and exporters. If you establish an industry in the region of the European Union, regardless of where you sell your products, you ought to comply with the REACH regulations. While if you own an industry established outside of the EU, you are not obliged by any of these regulations, and you can easily export all over Europe.
Read More : tsca compliance