Dental implant surgery is necessary for people who have lost their teeth through an accident, blunt trauma, tooth extraction, or simply because they are old. Implanted dental teeth are as natural-looking, comfortable, and function as natural teeth. These implants can not only hold your smile in place, but they also support the overall structure of your mouth. They can keep other teeth in their correct positions and prevent them from becoming painful.
What exactly is dental implant surgery?
A dental Implant Surgery is the replacement of an extracted tooth using a metal or post that is screwed into the bone. The anchor acts as a crown or artificial tooth to support the crown. That is the main reason dental implant surgery is performed.
Your dentist will attach the screws to your jawbone. Then, they create a strong base for your artificial tooth or crown. Artificial teeth look and function exactly like natural teeth. This surgery can be a great alternative to wearing dentures or having an ill-fitting crown.
Why are Dental Implants necessary?
Implant surgery has risks, as with all medical procedures. Even though risks and complications are minimal, your jawbone must still be healthy enough for the procedure to take place. If you're:
- Are you missing one or several teeth?
- Your jawbone should have full growth
- A sufficient bone length is required to attach the implants.
- You have to maintain healthy oral cells
- Be healthy and free from any condition that may affect bone recovery
- You are unable or reluctant to wear prosthetics
- Would you like to enhance your speaking skills?
- The procedure can be completed in a few weeks or even over a period of months.
- Don't smoke
- Stop smoking
What do you get from dental implant surgery?
A dental implant procedure is typically an outpatient operation that involves several stages. The stages are separated by proper recovery times. There are several steps to placing a dental implant.
- Broken tooth removal
- Jawbone grafting, when needed
- Placement of dental implants
- Bone development, healing
- Abutment placement
- False dent placement
Immediately After Surgery
Implant surgery can cause pain. Here are some ways you can predict your pain:
- The gums and cheeks may become swollen.
- Injury to the gums or skin
- An ache in the area where you had your implant surgery
- Minor bleeding
If you see any of the above signs within a few days of surgery, please contact your Kolkata dentist or oral surgeon immediately. This might indicate problems with the implant that needs to be dealt with by a professional.
Your dentist may suggest soft food; an ice pack reduces swelling and patience for healing.
Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic can provide the best dental implant surgery in Kolkata. Book an appointment for any questions or concerns. The dentists at Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic are skilled and experienced and will help you with your pain and other dental issues.