Most people believe that a smile contributes to a person's overall attractiveness. So, they select braces or Invisalign to achieve perfectly aligned, healthy teeth. But how to choose between braces and Invisalign? Determining what works best for you and your lifestyle, the Best Dental Clinic in Kolkata creates treatment plans customized to each patient. Learn the difference between braces and Invisalign so you can get closer to the smile of your dreams.
What are braces?
Braces have been used to correct teeth for centuries. It includes wires and brackets that are attached to the front teeth.
What is Invisalign?
The FDA has approved Invisalign since 1998. The teeth straighten through the use of a set of plastic aligners.
Advantages and disadvantages of braces
- Patients who are concerned about losing their trays or don't want to change their trays regularly can benefit from braces.
- Treatment times can be significantly shorter with braces compared to Invisalign because they are not removable.
- Wires and brackets on braces are difficult to conceal.
- Certain chewy and crunchy foods should be avoided when wearing braces.
Advantages and disadvantages of Invisalign
- Eating and drinking are possible without getting food trapped in your teeth because of the removable aligner. It is one of the main advantages of using Invisalign.
- Invisalign is recommended to wear 22 hours a day for 6 to 18 months. If the patient has more complex dental concerns, then metal braces may be a better alternative for them.
- Invisalign aligners are required to wear 22 hours a day. For people, who lack the self-discipline to do so and leave them out for long periods, their progress will be delayed.
- Some words may be hard to enunciate when you initially put your aligners in your mouth.
Which one is right for you?
Braces and Invisalign both have their advantages. However, they do have certain drawbacks. Consult the best dentist at TeethCare Multispeciality Dental Clinic to get a better idea. Then, consider all of your alternatives and choose the one that works best for you.
All orthodontic and dental care at TeethCare Multispeciality Dental Clinic begins with excellent communication, and they take extra care to make their patients feel comfortable. They are here to help you to get your best smile.