QuickBooks is an innovative accounting application used to monitor expenses, prepare taxes, invoices, bookkeeping, etc. Also, this accounting program is preferred by small to medium-sized businesses to make their work easier to handle and manage the company's financial records. However, this versatile accounting program encounters a technical error and puts the entire work at a halt. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code 6190 that usually occurs when the QB tries to access the data file that is located on the server in the network. In this blog, we are going to discuss the possible causes along with the troubleshooting steps to rectify the error.
Are you stuck with QuickBooks Error Code 6190 while accessing the company file? Get Immediate Troubleshooting help to resolve the error by placing a call at the toll-free number 855-948-3651.
Reasons that might trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6190
- You might come across this error due to a damaged QB data.
- Another reason is when the transaction log file doesn’t match with the company file.
- This error code may also evoke when more than one user tries to access the company file in single-user mode.
- Also, it might occur if you have not installed the QB software properly on your workstation.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6190
- When you receive an error message on the screen, it crashes the active window.
- Your system starts responding sluggishly.
- Also, it might occur when the Window crashes and freezes frequently.
Effective Solutions to exterminate QuickBooks Error Code 6190
Solution 1: Utilize Quick Fix My Program Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Get ready with the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your PC. If you have not, then visit the official website of Intuit and then download the most recently launched version as per your operating system.
- Soon after this, access the system default’s location i.e. the download’s folder and then double-click on the downloaded extended setup file of the tool hub.
- Once you have successfully installed the tool hub by following the on-screen prompts carefully, launch the QB Tool Hub.
- In the next step, you need to move to the Program Problem tab followed by the Quick Fix My Program to refresh the QB application.
- Finally, launch the company file in the QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks .ND and .TLG files
- To begin with, access the Windows File Explorer and then move to the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Usually, you will get the QuickBooks application installed in C: drive \ Users \ Public \ Public Documents \ Intuit \ QuickBooks.
- Following this, you need to look for the file having the file extension i.e.ND and .TLG file.
- Thereafter, right-click on each of these company files and click Rename and add.OLD at the end of the file name.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks and then verify whether you can open the company file.
Hopefully, this blog would have helped you to rectify QuickBooks Error Code 6190. If none of the above troubleshooting solutions help you fix the error, talk to our experts by dialing 855-948-3651.